IRS Tax Tip 2014-06, February 4, 2014
The IRS offers free tax forms and publications on many topics. Here are four easy ways to get the tax products you need from the IRS:
- On the Internet. Get everything you need 24 hours a day 7 days a week on IRS.gov. To view and download tax products, click on the ‘Forms and Pubs’ tab. Many products appear online before they’re available on paper.
- Order by Phone. Call 1-800-TAX-FORM (1-800-829-3676) Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. local time. Hours of service in Alaska and Hawaii follow Pacific time. You’ll typically receive your order by mail within 7 to 10 days.
- In IRS Offices. Get the tax products you need at IRS Taxpayer Assistance Centers across the country. Visit IRS.gov to find the nearest IRS Center. Select the ‘Help and Resources’ tab, and then click on ‘Contact Your Local IRS Office.’ Use the ‘Office Locator’ tool to search for the closest office by zip code. You can also select your state for a list of offices and services available at each office.
- In Your Community. Many libraries and post offices offer free tax forms during the tax filing season. Some libraries also have copies of common IRS publications.
Additional IRS Resources:
IRS YouTube Videos:
- How to Get 1040 Forms – English | Spanish | ASL
- IRS Tax Forms and Publications – English | Spanish | ASL