By Stacie Clifford Kitts, CPA
Seems like I am always reading someones top something… tax/accounting/business list and it always makes me wonder – just how does someone get on this list anyway?????
Like for example take Accounting Today/Tomorrow/WebCPA. This group publishes a top 100 most influential people in the accounting industry list. Every year I read it over and wonder - how do they decide who is “most influential” anyway? I mean really, is this a scientific thing? Are there compliance criteria – like a PPC guide “How to Determine the Most Influential People in Accounting” – we are talking about accountants here – I assume there’s a checklist?
I do hope its more scientific than just a bunch of journalists sitting around a conference table, sipping coffee and munching on donuts while someone writes names on a white board. Just picture it, a bunch of bored staff writers some twisting slightly in their chairs, some lounging about, others lazily calling out names. Then someone says, “hey cross off Sally Johnson, she was rude to me at blah blah conference. she doesn’t make it this year.” Yowser,I hope it doesn’t work like that!!!
Recently, I’ve been contacted by a “.com site” or two. These sites were letting me know that I could be listed on a top something list….so –be sure to mention it at Stacie’s More Tax Tips- wont you?
While I get how this whole quid pro quo thingy works, I have declined 100% of the “link to us, we’ll link to you” offers. I’ve even turned down click for payment offers because I didn’t think the link topics where appropriate for my my site.
But you know what, I’ve decided that gosh darn my blog is interesting.. And yes siree, I deserve to be on a top anything list.. And, it has absolutely nothing to do with quid pro quo. Nope, they of course see the genius that is my blog and feel compelled to share. So thanks to bschool.com for naming Stacie’s More Tax Tips in the 50 best Blogs to Get You Through Tax Season.
Oh by the way, the picture is of me and the grandbaby enjoying Christmas day with the family!
- Ping Your Way To a Successful Social Marketing Strategy – It’s A Whole Lot Better Than Being an A-Hole (staciesmoretaxtips.wordpress.com)
- 2010 in Review – The Health of Stacie’s More Tax Tips – I Feel Like Doing The Snoopy Dance! (staciesmoretaxtips.wordpress.com)
- Snubbed Again! And a Sincere Apology (staciesmoretaxtips.wordpress.com)
- Are You All a Twitter About Tax News? Now You Can Follow The IRS @IRSnews (staciesmoretaxtips.wordpress.com)
- IRS Presents:Ten Things Tax-Exempt Organizations Need to Know About the Oct. 15 Due Date (This is a how to on keeping your exempt status) (staciesmoretaxtips.wordpress.com)
- Accounting blogs for the kids (dontmesswithtaxes.typepad.com)
- Picking Apart the IRS’ Top 10 Tax Time Tips (staciesmoretaxtips.wordpress.com)
Filed under: ACCOUNTANT, ACCOUNTING TOMORROW, BLOGGERS, COMMENTARY, STUDENTS, TIPS FOR ACCOUNTANTS, TOP ACCOUNTING BLOGS, WEBCPA | Tagged: Accountancy, ACCOUNTANT, Accounting, Business, Internal Revenue Service, Stacie, Stacie Clifford Kitts, Tax, United States | Leave a Comment »